I’m so excited to share with you this incredible Canadian company called Flax Sleep. They make linen bedding that is high quality, SO comfortable and more affordable than any other linen bedding I’ve found. I’ve had linen bedding at the top of my *want* list for quite some time, but with a few too many sheet sets for our queen bed it wasn’t a top priority. After moving I was very excited when we switched to a king size bed because that meant I was on the search for some bedding. I was so excited that Flax Sleep wanted to collaborate with us because either way I was going to get me some of these linen sheets, and now I’m honestly wondering why I waited so long. I kid you not, every night when we slip into bed either Dan or I mention something about how comfy and luxurious this bedding is. It’s only getting softer with time and it’s warm but cold, but just keeps you the right temperature. I don’t know you guys, but if you’ve been contemplating the switch, I highly recommend you do it, and if you haven’t thought about it, start NOW! It’s a worthwhile investment.
Flax Sleep is ran by 3 women who were inspired to fill the void in the Canadian marketplace for linen bedding at friendly prices. They sought out ethical manufacturers and high quality materials and also give back! Part of their proceeds (and all returned goods) are donated to a local charity to reduce waste and give back to the community. Love that.
I looove this Blume beetroot latte, another local company :)
Why Linen is Better
Since purchasing my first linen top I’ve been a big big fan of linen and all it’s amazing qualities! I never hesitate to spend a little bit more on linen for my kiddos because another amazing quality is it’s resistant to stains, I’ve had everything from mud, blueberries to a full on chocolate ice cream cone just cover light linen overalls and there is no trace of it, it still kind of blows my mind. I found a fewww more awesome facts about linen on the Flax Sleep website I pasted below!
”- gets softer with more washes, it’s stronger, and will last 2-3 times longer than standard cotton.
- Linen is naturally hypoallergenic so it won’t trigger allergies that keep you up at night.
- Linen has greater bacteria-fighting powers than similar materials.
- Requires considerably fewer pesticides and fertilizers than other crops.
- Uses up to 20 times less water and energy to produce than cotton and nothing goes to waste.
- Good conductor of heat, keeping warm inside, while the outside stays cool and airy to touch.
- Enjoy zap-free sleepy times. Linen sheets won’t shock you with static electricity.
- Absorbs up to 20% of its weight in moisture before feeling damp, and releases it into the air to remain cool and dry.”