We are loving this half up top knot hair trend, It is one of the easiest styles for when your mop just ain’t cooperating. You can start with curly hair, straight hair, messy hair, or sleek hair… Here are Tegan & Bethany’s own ways of achieving this style for short hair & long hair.
Half Up Top Knot for Short Hair
- Step 1: Part your hair, dividing the top half from the bottom at about eye level.
- Step 2: Hold the top half of your hair in a pony tail at the top of your crown and wrap with an elastic.
- Step 3: When you have enough elastic for one more way around, loop the hair through. Making a “bobble”.
Half Up Top Knot for Long Hair
- Step 1: Part your hair, dividing it top from bottom. I like to part it a bit higher up, above my eyebrows near the corner of my forehead.
- Step 2: Hold the hair in a pony tail and start wrapping it loosely around your index and middle finger, making a bun.
- Step 3: Once all the hair is wrapped (I like to leave some ends sticking out) Wrap and elastic around the entire bun until secure.