I have incredibly thick hair, I love it other than when it comes to doing fun things with it, it’s so heavy that it takes far too many pins and usually ends up falling out, especially with it being shorter and one length! I love this hair tutorial because it stays in with no fuss and once you get the hang of it, it’s super easy.
How to Do a Half Up Braided Crown
- Grab a chunk of hair just above your ear, it doesn’t matter what side you choose to start on.
- Braid that chunk of hair, loosen the braid with your fingers to thicken it up and backcomb the ends.
- On the opposite side of your hair, starting where your hair is parted, grab the same size chunk of hair.
- Bring across the braid from one side to the other, and braid it into the new chunk of hair, so it looks like one continuous braid.
- Secure the braid at the back of your head with bobby pins.
- Back to where you originally started your first braid, grab a chunk of hair.
- Braid it in the direction away from your face, start the braid as close to your head and tight as you can so it looks like its continuing from the other braid.
- Braid it to the ends of your hair and tuck the ends behind the other braid, and secure it with pins.