YUMMMMM. This gingerbread popcorn is the perfect holiday snack. It is super quick to make, and takes barely any prep time!
- 14 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup packed coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (we used vegan butter)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Air pop some popcorn, I use the Gwyneth Paltrow way (but with coconut oil). Set aside.
2. In a small pan, on low temp, melt the butter, and add all the other ingredients. Bring up the temperature to medium until it almost starts to boil, and remove from heat.
3. Pour it over the popcorn and mix it well.
4. Spread it over parchment paper until it cools down.
This turned our really well, it wasn't too sweet which was perfect, I like it when every piece isn't covered in they gingerbread syrup, that way it's more of a snack you can eat more of and not feel guilty after a handful! If you do want to make it sweeter, just do less popcorn. Enjoy this munchy holiday treat!