Eggs Benny, my breakfast weakness. I rarely order anything else when I go out for breakfast! The ooooonly thing is it usually leaves me feeling a bit TOO full and not amazing after consuming all the buttery hollandaise and biscuits. I mean, on the rare occasion that I do go out for breakfast - totally worth it. So when that craving comes around, this recipe is perfect to whip up at home, or to show off to those breakfast guests. This recipe is so simple and by making the sweet potato waffles on a waffle iron (easy peasy) they're soooo delicious and compliment the tangy cashew hollandaise so well.
For the Cashew Hollandaise
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight unless you have a high-powered food processor.
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2.5 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ACV
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup almond milk
Throw all these ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. You can make ahead of time and store in the fridge for a few days, although I doubt you'll have any left ;)
Sweet Potato Waffle:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Grate the sweet potato with a cheese grater. Use paper towel or a dish cloth to soak up some of the extra liquid from the potatoes once grated, wrap in towel and squeeze tightly around potatos (forming them into a ball) to get out the extra moisture.
- put potato in a bowl, crack eggs over the potatoes, add the garlic salt and mix well.
- Add about 1/2 a cup of the mixture onto a waffle iron, I found doing it at medium temp worked perfectly so it could cook a bit slower but still be nice and crispy on the outside. I had it on high at first and it burned a bit too quickly without being fully cooked enough.
- You can keep them warm by sticking them in the oven on low once done, and then cook your eggs up!
We served it up with some steamed kale, I like to steam it just for about 30 seconds until the colour changes and it's a bit softer but still crunchy and not super wilted. We poached eggs and added the cashew hollandaise on top! YUM!