Holy Moly. We are in love with this cake recipe. Tegan and I made it in the morning, and by the afternoon, we MAY have eaten the whole thing. It is such a light and fluffy cake and incredibly easy to make.
We used the new iögo yogurt pouches which you can find at almost any grocery store. We love these new giant pouches because they this twist off top, and are easy to pour which means NO MESS (and no more crusty dried yogurt around the edges of the lid, gross!) They are super convenient and easy to seal up and store in your fridge. We used the new Vanilla flavour, but you can also find three more new flavours: iögo Original, iögo Probio, and Greek.
For the iögo yogurt cake, you will need:
- 1.5 cups vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup olive ool
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2.5 cups flour
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9" cake pan or cast iron pan.
2. Whisk together yogurt, oil, sugar and eggs.
3. Premix the dry ingredients well and add to the yogurt mixture.
4. Stir until no big lumps remain, but don't overstir!
5. Pour into cake pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. If you're using a cast iron like we used it bakes quite a bit faster, ours was ready after about 35 minutes!
Serve warm with fresh fruit and a plain yogurt. This cake was so easy, as we were eating it I was trying to figure out why i never make cakes. After eating half of it i remembered - no self control! This cake isn't loaded with sugar, and I think next time I'll try coconut oil and add raspberries to the mix!