Last week Lindsay and I had such a great little getaway in Halfmoon Bay with Glamping Hub! We got there with great plans of exploring the Sunshine Coast and looked up hikes and parks but by the time we got settled in these amazing tents we just didn't want to leave! On our way we picked up a few groceries for breakfast, wine & beer (obvz) and some ingredients to make these yummy rosemary grapefruit cocktails! They were super easy - easy enough to make while camping...er glamping, there was nothing about this stay that was roughing it. Dan and I have really been into cocktails lately, we've been collecting different bitters and mixes and are always looking for interesting concoctions, if you have any favourite recipes, please share!
Rosemary Grapefruit Sour
makes 2 drinks
in a large mason jar or cocktail shaker combine:
- 2 oz whiskey (we grabbed one of those miniature bottles, I think it was 2 or 3 oz)
- juice of one grapefruit
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- simple syrup - make beforehand, or mix sugar with equal parts boiling water until combined
1. Pour whiskey and grapefruit juice to jar.
2. Muddle one sprig of rosemary into the simple syrup (next time I'm making rosemary simple syrup!)
3. Add 2 oz of simple syrup to the jar.
4. Add a handful of ice cubes, put lid on tight and shake well.
5. Strain into two cocktail glasses and garnish with fresh rosemary & a slice of grapefruit.