This has been my go-to recipe this winter. A cozy pureed carrot soup that can be made in a variety of ways. This is the way I usually make it, but one thing I sometimes do to change it is add or substitute butternut squash or yams! You can also substitute the coconut milk for anything else cream-based, I even used cashews once when I didn't have the coconut milk and it was delicious! I love a good recipe that you can whip up on a Sunday afternoon when you're running low on groceries.
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 lbs of carrots - peeled and chopped
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cardamom
- pinch of cinnamon
- salt + pepper to taste
1. Over medium heat warm the oil and sauté the garlic and onion for about 5 minutes.
2. Carefully add the chicken stock, carrots, rosemary and curry powder.
3. Cook covered on high until the veggies are nice and soft.
4. Remove from heat and add the coconut milk.
5. Add the cinnamon, and salt + pepper to taste.
6. Puree with a immersion blender, or in a blender.
Serve with fresh cilantro or rosemary. We'll be sharing the recipe for this amazing garlic & herb loaf next week!