Millet & Roasted Potato Breakfast Bowl with Mango "Sriracha" Sauce! MMM! I love any sort of fresh mango sauce. Mango salad dressing, mango salsa, mango mango mango. I have never tried it out on potatoes before, so I can't wait to try out this new recipe that Haley from Brewing Happiness made. Thanks Haley! Check out her blog for more scrumptious meals.
- 1/2 C millet
- 1 C unsweetened almond-coconut milk
- 1 russet potato
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
-1/4 Tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 C mixed greens
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
For the mango "sriracha" sauce
- 1 mango
- 1-2 Tbsp garlic chili sauce (depending on how spicy you want the sauce to be)
- 1/2 Tsp hot sauce
- 1 Tsp coconut palm sugar
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Dice your potato into cubes, and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Add the olive oil & garlic to the skillet. Once they are hot, add the potato. Season with salt and pepper
- Sautee the potato for 10-15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- After 10-15 minutes, add the bell pepper and onion to the skillet and carefully transfer the cast iron to the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a pot with almond milk and millet over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Make the mango "sriracha" sauced while the millet & potatoes are cooking... all you have to do is, slice the mango and add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Prepare your plate with mixed greens, and when the millet & potatoes are done plate them on top of your greens.
- Season with a little more salt & pepper, drizzle with mango "sriracha" and serve with a sliced avocado!
- EAT UP.
Thanks again Haley! Brewing Happiness strikes again, let's eat!