Here is an INCREDIBLE gluten-free & vegan Soup recipe, with beer? YUM! Thanks Brewing Happiness for this amazing recipe!
(makes 2 servings)
1TBSP red palm oil
1C onion, chopped
3/4 a bottle of Omission Pale Ale (or some other gluten-free beer)
1TSP garlic, minced
1.5C vegetable stock, divided
1/4C gluten-free all-purpose flour
1C unsweetened almond milk
1/4C nutritional yeast
salt & pepper to taste
coconut bacon --> (http://www.brewinghappiness.com/friendship-friday-vegan-hangover-sandwiches/)
- In a large pot, heat red palm oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, salt & pepper. Sautee for 7ish minutes, or until the onions have absorbed most of the oil.
- Pour in beer, and bring the pot to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10ish minutes - until the onion are soft.
- Take the pot off of the heat and transfer the ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Add in 3/4C into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/4C vegetable stock with 1/4C flour, until well combined.
- Heat the flour/water mixture in your large pot over medium heat (it will create a sticky paste).
- Add in blended mixture, as well as 1/2C vegetable stock, and almond milk. Whisk this fast and hard until it is well combined with the water/ flour mixture.
- Once it is smooth, add the nutritional yeast, turmeric and salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring or whisking occasionally.
- Take the pot off the heat and spoon the soup into bowls.
- Top with hot sauce and coconut bacon.
- EAT UP.
Don't forget to check out more food inspiration from Brewing Happiness!