All I have been eating is soup, soup, soup! I can't get enough of it on these cold winter days, and here is a super easy recipe from Haley of Brewing Happiness. Its so great to make a big pot of soup and throw it in the fridge/freezer for an easy meal throughout the week.
2TBSP olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 TSP garlic, crushed
1/2C tomato sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes
4C veggie broth + 1/3C (to pour on later)
3/4C fava beans
3/4C lima beans
1C baby carrots
3/4C celery, chopped
1/2C bell pepper, chopped
1/4 - 1/2 TSP cayenne (depending on spice level preference)
salt & pepper, to taste
2C kale, cut from stem
- Heat a large pot over low heat. Add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Once the onion is soft add the tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, and vegetable broth, and stir.
- Add the fava beans, lima beans, quinoa, carrots, celery, bell pepper, and spices.
- Turn the heat to high and bring the pot to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer (with the lid on) for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, add the kale into the pot, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir the pot, and serve.