I have to say, we're so excited about this DIY! To be honest, while working from home we were starting to lose inspiration when it came to DIY's. Now that we've moved into the new studio space and are working from here there isn't much else we're thinking about besides all these projects. We have many in the works and fun pieces we are making and want to make for the studio! We thought we'd start off with a cozy blanket DIY. We've seen these big pom pom throws on pinterest and have had this on our to-do list for aaaages, and we finally did it, it was SO easy, I think I'm going to make another one for my home!
we picked up a fairly cheap ikea throw and some thick yarn from Michaels, altogether it came to around $25, and we had plenty of leftover yarn.
These were so simple.
1. Cut a piece of thick cardboard to the length you want your pom pom to be.
2. Wrap the yarn around the cardboard 30-50x. Depending how chunky you want it to be. We did 30 for the white, and 40 for the pink.
3. Cut the end of the yarn once finished wrapping.
4. Cut a small piece of yarn and tie it around the top of the cardboard aka top of pom pom.
5. Cut through the bottom loops.
Then do one or two ties with another piece of yarn an inch from the top of the pom pom.
Using an embroidery needle, thread a long piece of yarn and attach it to the corners and along the edges of the blanket. You can add big ones to the corners, or all along the sides like we did.
How cozy does that look!? We are so in love with this blanket, perfect for curling up on the couch with a warm drink this fall.