This looks like the perfect fall snack! Haley from Brewing Happiness always amazes us with her creations, we can't wait to try these out, everytime fall rolls around Lindsay and I are always excited about chai lattes and cinnamon scented things. I'm totally going home and making these tonight!!!
Healthy Chai Truffles
by Brewing Happiness
makes 8-10 truffles
1 1/2 cups pitted dates
2/3 cup all purpose flour, divided (sub gluten free AP flour)
1/3 cup strongly brewed chai tea
2 tablespoon coconut flakes, unsweetened
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon all spice
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 cup white chocolate chips (sub vegan white chocolate)
1. In a food processor or blender, blend together all of your truffle ingredients, except 1/3 cup of flour.
2. Once your batter is a sticky and smooth consistency, transfer it to a bowl and mix it with the remaining 1/3 cup of flour.
3. Oil your hands, and roll the batter into 8-10 truffle balls. Put the truffles onto a greased sheet of parchment paper or a silpat.
4. Freeze the truffle balls for 3-4 hours.
5. Then heat your white chocolate until it is melted, and roll each ball in the chocolate - placing back on the greased parchment or silpat after.
6. Sprinkle the top of each truffle with coconut sugar.
7. Store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
thanks for the amazing recipe Haley! Be sure to head over to Brewing Happiness to find more healthy treats and recipes.