Here is another amazing vegan recipe post from Haley from Brewing Happiness, Check out her blog for more incredibly delicious recipes!!
Makes: 2 large steaks
1/2 large cauliflower
FOR THE BATTER:
1/2C all purpose gluten-free flour
3TBSP olive oil
1TBSP cajun spice
1TBSP nutritional yeast
FOR THE CRUST:
1C hazelnuts, toasted
1/3C almond meal
FOR THE SAUCE:
1/2C silken tofu
1TBSP crushed garlic
3TBSP liquid amino acids
FOR THE ROASTED VEGGIES:
3 Belgian endives
4-5 small broccoli florets
1-2TBSP olive oil
salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2.Slice the cauliflower in thick steaks with a very sharp knife.
3. Mix the batter ingredients in a bowl, and spread a layer over the top of each steak.
4. Crush the toasted hazelnuts with a meat tenderizer (or a hammer - ha).
5. Sprinkle the hazelnuts and almond meal over the battered cauliflower steaks.
6. Spray a baking sheet with oil, lay the steaks flat, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
7. Prepare your vegetables, by slicing the bottoms of the endives off, and cutting in half, allowing the leaves to separate.
8. Lay the endives and baby broccoli flat on a baking sheet, and toss with oil, salt & pepper.
9. Add the vegetables to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
10. While the steak and vegetables are baking, prepare the sauce by blending all sauce ingredients until it is very smooth. Set aside.
11. Once the vegetables and steaks are done, plate with the vegetables under the steak and serve with TONS of sauce.