We are so excited to share a recipe from the amazingly talented Haley Davis of Brewing Happiness! How beautiful is this Fresh Polenta Salad Stack?! All of her recipes are gluten-free and sugar-free.
"That means no honey, no agave nectar, no maple syrup, no stevia, etc. etc. etc. Also, because processed flour is as addictive as sugar, you will see no gluten on this blog. Everything is gluten-free, and yet still delicious!" - Haley, Brewing Happiness
You need to be sure to check out her blog for more amazing recipes.
I N G R E D I E N T S //
- 9oz (1/2 package) of a basil garlic polenta roll
- 5 brussels sprouts
- 5 baby bella mushrooms
- 1/3C of sundried tomatoes
- 1/2C-1C arugula
- 1TBSP olive oil
- garlic salt
- chili powder
- 1-2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
D I R E C T I O N S //
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Chop the mushrooms and brussels sprouts into thin slices.
3. Place the brussels sprouts and mushrooms onto a baking sheet and toss them with 1Tbsp of olive oil. Season with garlic salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste.
4. Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
5. With about 10 minutes left to go on the roasting vegetables, heat up a pan on high heat.
6. Take out the polenta and slice it into cylindrical shapes. You want them to be about 1/2 inch thick.
7. Once the pan is hot, spray the pan with a little olive oil and add the polenta circles.
8. Cook for about 5 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for about 5 more.
9. Once the polenta cakes are browned on both sides, take them off the heat.
10. Take the brussels sprouts and mushrooms out of the oven.
11. Start to layer the plate: arugula on the bottom, then a polenta cake, sundried tomatoes, polenta cake, brussels sprouts, polenta cake, mushrooms, polenta cake, and sundried tomatoes. (Or just serve "salad style" all mixed together.)
12. Top that tower off with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Thank you Haley for this incredible, healthy, and delicious recipe. <3