Last spring when we attended Alt Summit in NYC, we met tons of bloggers and creatives that we have gotten to keep relationships with over the past year. A friend Ed Roth of Stencil1 recently sent us a package full of his stencil designs and we wanted to do something fun and creative with them. Our favourite was the honeycomb pattern and we thought it would be perfect for decorating a cake!
Here is a delicious Vanilla Bean Cake, and Honey Frosting recipe to try out for your cake. But really, you can use any recipe or flavour! Whichever frosting recipe you use add a couple drops of yellow food colouring to get that Honeycomb look.
- Step 1: Bake your cake into 2 round 8" pans
- Step 2: Remove Cakes, and ice one layer (flat side up) don't be afraid to make this layer of icing thick
- Step 3: Place the other 8" round on top (flat side down)
- Step 4: Ice the top layer with the remaining frosting
- Step 5: Gently place the stencil on top of the cake
- Step 6: Using a sieve lightly dust a thin layer of powdered sugar over the stencil
- Step 7: Carefully remove the stencil
Detailed Instructions in the video below