Here is another incredibly yummy recipe from our girl Haley at Brewing Happiness. Be sure to check out her blog for more amazing healthy and gluten-free recipes!
1 package of tempeh
for the marinade:
1/8C coconut nectar
2TBSP olive oil
salt & pepper
for the cranberry sauce:
1 12oz package of fresh cranberries
1/2C coconut palm sugar
2TBSP fresh sage, chopped
1 clove garlic, diced or crushed
*You can serve the tempeh steaks on a bed of lettuce, or rice!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large skillet, heat the cranberries, water and coconut palm sugar over medium heat.
3. Sautee the cranberries for 5-10 minutes, or until most of the cranberries have softened.
4. Once the cranberries are softened, stir in the sage, garlic and cinnamon.
5. When the ingredients are fully incorporated, take the cranberry sauce off of the heat, and set aside.
6. Take the tempeh out of packaging, and slice into four rectangular slices.
7. In a bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients (coconut nectar, lemon, olive oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper).
8. Lay the tempeh flat in a square baking pan and pour the marinade over the tempeh, making sure it covers everything.
9. Put the pan in the oven and bake the tempeh for 20 minutes, flipping it halfway through.
10. After 20 minutes, turn the oven to broil and cook for another 2 minutes.
11. Take the tempeh out of the oven.
12. Serve the tempeh with a bed of lettuce or rice, and the cranberry sauce on the side.