Thank you to the lovely Haley Davis of Brewing Happiness for yet another incredible Vegan Recipe. She never ceases to amaze us with her creative recipes. Be sure to check out her blog for more healthy gluten-free & sugar-free recipes!
I N G R E D I E N T S //
1 can of unsweetened pumpkin puree
1 can of coconut milk
1C crimini mushrooms, sliced
2TBSP olive oil
1TBSP crushed garlic
3TBSP liquid amino acids
1/4C pecans and/or pine nuts
Pumpkin seed oil (or argon oil)
Salt & pepper
D I R E C T I O N S //
1. Heat a pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the pumpkin puree and coconut milk to the pot, and stir.
3. Once the two ingredients are well incorporated, reduce the heat to low and add the garlic and amino acids. Let this sit, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, heat a pan over high heat. Once it is hot, add the olive oil. Then add the mushroom slices and season those with salt and pepper. Saute the mushrooms until they are almost completely tender.
5. Add the mushrooms to the soup pot, and stir them in. Let this sit on low heat for another 5-10 minutes.
6. While that is happening, dry roast your nuts of choice by heating a non-oiled skillet over high heat. Then add the nuts, and sauté for 3-5 minutes, constantly stirring.
7. Once the soup is hot and the flavours are fully incorporated, pour into bowls, top with toasted nuts, salt & pepper, and a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil.
8. EAT/DRINK UP and feel the flavours of fall warming your soul.