We swear by these brownies! Our moms friend gave us this recipe a few weeks ago and they really do live up to the expectations they were given! These are sugar free, gluten free, wheat free, and dairy free! dang! and they are AMAZING! (Unfortunately for Bethany they aren't nut free!) They're super quick and easy to make and let me tell you, I (tegan) made these for some friends last week and they were devoured!! I sprinkled some coconut over to of them and it was deeee-lightful!
- 1/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Almond Flour (almond meal - trader joe's)
- 1/4 C Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup of Dates (I used about 10, and soaked them in hot water for about 15 minutes before to soften them)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 C Smooth Almond Butter
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tsp. Pure Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Coconut Oil (or preferred oil)
- 1/4 C Dairy Free Chocolate Chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line and grease an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 in pan with foil and set aside.
3. Add the almond flour, soda, salt, and cocoa powder to the bowl of a food processor and process until all the dry ingredients are well blended.
4. Add the dates, eggs, almond butter, honey, vanilla and coconut oil. Process until well blended, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
5. Pulse in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan.
7. Bake 25 - 35 minutes. Check at 20 minutes as all ovens are different and everyone likes their brownies baked differently.
8. Stuff your face, or not. Enjoy.