Grilled artichoke is something I (Bethany) discovered in Arizona, so many restaurants there have it on their menu but you never see it up here in Vancouver! I ate so many there it became one of my favourite foods.
2 whole artichokes
Salt & Pepper
1/4 Cup Mayo
1 tbs Lemon Juice
Garlic Salt to taste
Crushed Chillies to taste
1. Slice artichokes in half
2. Put into a pot of water and bring to a boil, let boil for 10 minutes.
3. Place artichokes on a baking sheet
4. With your fingers seperate leaves slightly to let flavours through
5. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
6. Broil in oven for 10-15 minutes or until edges are crispy
Serve with Aioli: Mix all ingredients together
To eat the artichoke pull out the leaves indivdually and scrape off the "meat" of it with your teeth. yum!!