What you will need:
1 c. unsalted butter
2 ½ c. sugar
4 large eggs
1 ¼ c. Double-Dutch Dark Cocoa or Dutch-Process Cocoa (If using regular cocoa, brownies will be more bitter and the texture will be denser)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. espresso powder
1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1 ½ c. all-purpose flour
2 c. chocolate chips
1 icing writer in red
1 heart-shaped cookie cutter (the bigger, the better)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Lightly grease a 9x13" pan.
2. In a pot on medium heat, melt the butter. Then add the sugar and stir to combine. Continue to heat briefly, just until mixture is hot but not boiling.
3. In a separate bowl, crack the eggs and beat with the cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla until smooth.
4. Add the hot butter/sugar mixture, mixing until well combined.
5. Add flour and chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
6. Pour batter into the lightly greased pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean (edges should feel set and center should look very moist, but not uncooked).
7. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
8. Once cooled, take the heart-shaped cookie cutter and cut out as many hearts in the cooled brownie as you can.
9. Stick in the refrigerator and let cool for an hour or so. (while cooling make the Creamy Vanilla Bean Frosting)
10. Remove from refrigerator and frost each brownie a different color (pink, green, orange, yellow, purple, etc..)
11. Take the red icing writer and write whatever sayings are your favorite from the Conversation Heart Candies.
12. Put on a nice platter and serve to a loved one!